the show has the luxury of being curated by Julie Dickover and installed by Tony Rodrigues with the help of Kevin Mahoney.
312 in 2013
312 Brazilians were killed in 2014 just for being gay. a virtual monument for them. this was made for Transparent, the wonderful virtual space-project by artistFrederico Dalton. more of it at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galeria-Transparente/1452624385016089
A Panel Discussion in Conjunction with the Exhibition: Bearing Witness: Art and Resistance in Cold War Latin America
September 8, 2014, 6-8pm at the Anya and Andrew Shiva Gallery, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY
- Jeffrey Blustein, Arthur Zitrin Professor of Bioethics and Professor of Philosophy at City College and the Graduate Center, CUNY
- Estrellita B. Brodsky, Independent Curator
- Marcia Esparza, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at John Jay College, CUNY; Founder and Director of HMP
- Cyriaco Lopes, Photographer; Professor of Photography at John Jay College, CUNY
- Iván Navarro, Artist
- Moderated by Lydia Shestopalova, Adjunct Faculty at Guttman Community College, CUNY; Assistant Director of HMP
THE RULE OF LAW AND THE RIGHT TO BE HUMAN - Curated by Thalia Vrachopoulos and Bill Pangburn.
"After the Immigrants You are Next" is about the Golden Down, the Greek Neo-Nazi movement. The title of the work is based on a pamphlet that they distributed in gay bars in Athens. (click the thumbnails to see the images)
Stephanie Hightower, Dorothea Hokema and Cyriaco Lopes | An Artist Dialogue Series Event
Glue Exhibition at Mercer University. JEMA Next Chapter including works by Derrick Buisch, Adam Frezza, Cyriaco Lopes, Arnold Mesches Craig R. Miller, Eleanor Phillips, John Westmark, and others. — with Arnold Mesches, Derrick Buisch,Craig R. Miller, Eleanor Phillips, Cyriaco Lopes,Adam Frezza and John Westmark.
(JEMA is an artistic project by Sean Miller)
Interview on Time Out Istanbul (December issue)
Membranes: painterly photos of windows, curtains taken in Yerevan to be set as computer wallpaper by the viewers. [see/download the images here: http://cyriacolopes.com/membranes/] Eleutherius: Mirlo painted with local wine directly in the wall. the dimensions of each rectangle emulates works from art history.
wonderful experience to work here in Armenia with a great team and friends.